- $100 Annual Program Fee
- Housing Costs: Standard
- Double Rooms
- Neighborhood: Southeast
This community brings together students interested in theater, music, and dance. All skill levels are welcome; however a passion for the arts is necessary. Community members are active and support each other by attending the performances of other members.
Performing Arts also hosts the "Read Goes to the Opera" program for the entire residence center, which involves attending an opera, touring the set and backstage areas, and enjoying a pre-show reception in the Musical Arts Center. For the past several years the community has planned a trip to New York City or Chicago where they have been able to attend performances, tour museums, and explore the city.
- Attending plays, operas, theater productions, and movies
- Attending Broadway plays and musicals, and post-show receptions with cast members
- Touring museums and libraries
- Planning a "Night at the Opera" for the entire residence hall
- Hosting Open Mic nights
- Annual trip to a large city like Chicago, St. Louis, or New York
- Annual end-of-year banquet
How would you describe your community?
It's some of the hardest working and most creative people I've ever met. - Jacob F., New York, NY; Media/Theatre
What is the best part about living in the community?
"As a non-music major, I still interact and get friendly help from the music majors on my music minor." - Cody T., Pendelton, IN; Statistics
Who Lives Here
We welcome first-year, transfer, sophomore, junior, and senior students.