Residential Programs and Services

Home > Housing > How to Apply

How To Apply

First time applicants must complete a an application. Students already living with us use an express process to select a specific room or apartment. IUB students who have not lived with use for two or more consecutive semesters, should contact us to reactivate.

Home > Housing > How to Apply > First Time Applicants

First Time Applicants

The new student application for 2016-17 will open at 4 p.m. on Monday, February 1, 2016.

Before starting the application, it's necessary to do the following.

  • Create an IU network account and passphrase. Your student ID number is on the official acceptance notice sent to you from admissions.
  • If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must agree to the contract terms. They will need to create an account through eProxy to do this..
  • Review the residence exemption process.
  • Find where you are eligible to live and review costs.
  • Create a rank-ordered list of your preferences (i.e. learning community, room type, neighborhood, roommate preference, etc.) You will be able to update this list until May 12, 2016.
  • Choose a meal plan. You will enter your selection on your application.
  • If you have a preferred roommate, get that individual's full name and IU network ID. Roommate requests must be mutual. Roommates are assigned a room in order of the oldest application date of the pair or group. You can submit your application and return to enter roommate information until May 12, 2016.
  • Determine the name and contact information for two people that you would like us to contact if there is an emergency while you live with us. You will enter this information on your application.
  • Decide whether or not to complete a FERPA waive to your housing and dining records. To waive this privacy right, on your application you will provide the name of the individual(s) with whom information may be shared.
  • Have a valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA credit or debit card for the $200 application fee.

Once you have completed the above steps and have all your information at hand, go to the Online Contract and Application.

Remember, if you are under 18 years of age, you cannot enter into a contract. Your parent or legal guardian must complete a e-Proxy co-signature and pay the fee for the contract to be valid. This does not mean that your parents or others should complete the application for you.

After you submit your application, you can go back and change the preference list, requested roommate(s) and meal plan selection until May 12, 2016. After this date we will only accept requests for a specific learning communities and meal plan changes.

Home > Housing > How to Apply > Current Students

Current Students

The deadline to sign up for the next school year is January 29, 2016. To do so, visit one of our leasing locations.

Model at Beech Hall in Union Street Center

Located on Seventh Street between Rose Ave and Union Street

  • Sunday, January 10: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Thursday, January 14: 2– 8 p.m.
  • Friday, January 15: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Saturday, January 16: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Thursday, January 21: 2 – 8 p.m.
  • Friday, January 22: 10 a.m.– 7 p.m.
  • Saturday, January 23: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Thursday, January 28: 2 – 8 p.m.
  • Friday, January 29: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Assignment Office in the Nelson Administration Building

All Residence Halls and Union Street Center

Located at 801 North Jordan Avenue

Weekly, Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Assignment Office at Campus View Apartments

3rd & Union, BBHN, Campus View, Evermann, Redbud, Tulip Tree, University

Located at 800 North Union Street

Weekly, Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Contract Cancellation & Fees

If you cancel your contract before its start date, you will owe us $600. Once we accept your request for a contract, this fee applies!

Refer to your housing contract for detailed information about cancellation fees and the process.

Home > Housing > How to Apply > Placement Concerns

Placement Concerns

Physical & Mobility Limitations

We do have residence hall rooms and apartment units that are modified to accommodate students with physical and mobility limitation.

To request assignment to a room or apartment that will accommodate your individual physical needs, the Medical Verification Form must be completed by you and your attending physician and sent to RPS Assignments before May 12, 2016.


Support is available and we are committed to finding a place that meets the needs of each individual. Contact the Assistant Director for Diversity Education at 812-855-1764 or This individual will work directly with you and the assignment office to find the best space for you.

Home > Housing >How to Apply > Dietary Concerns

Dietary Concerns

You need to tell us about any food allergies and/or other dietary issues you have using the Food Allergy Form.

We do have a Kosher Meal Plan option available.

Residential Programs and Services



Staff Directory


Live Chat