Hoosier FASSTrack (Fostering Academic and Social Success)
Hoosier FASSTrack communities are designed for students who choose to maintain a healthy and realistic balance between their academics and social engagement here at Indiana University. Programs, resources, and experiences are offered that aid students in developing healthy habits necessary for their success at IU and beyond.
- $100 Annual Programming Fee
- Housing Costs: Economy (Central) and Standard (Southeast and Northwest)
- Each academic community benefits from the involvement of a faculty or staff Residential Fellow.
- Residents have additional opportunities for involvement and leadership.
- Extended quiet hours from Sunday through Thursday 8 p.m. - 9 a.m., and Friday and Saturday, 2 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Two programs that we are proud to offer are the Schedule Mixer and Pizza with a Professor. These events highlight the importance of academics, but also provide students with an opportunity to socialize. Anyone living in an academic community is invited to participate.
Who Lives Here
We welcome first-year; transfer, sophomore, junior, and senior students who are interested in focusing on their Academics to join this community.
How to Apply
When completing your housing application, you can select "Academic Community" on the Learning Community selection page. You will then be prompted to Academic Community Guidelines (scroll over). It might be helpful to review Completing the Application before beginning the process.
- I will be committed to and take ownership in my academic achievement
- I will engage in academic rigor both inside and outside of the classroom
- I will be open to experiences and opportunities outside of the classroom that enhance and contribute to my in-classroom learning
- I will be supportive of other residents in their academic quests
- I will build relationships with students, faculty, and staff dedicated to assisting me in my academic pursuits
- I will live in a semi-structured environment that is designed to promote academic success; alongside other students who value academic success